|  mdFluke 184.108.40.206 (2019-12-14)|
mdFluke is a simple and small piece of windows software to view and log data from a Fluke (bench) multimeter.|
It was actually a spin-off when replacing the DE-9 connector on my Fluke 45 with a micro USB port:
- Simple display showing dual display values and units|
- Resizable window from very small to very big
- Auto connect trying all (virtual) serial ports to detect a Fluke
- Automatically start logging to csv and textfile
|HTML Version HTML mdFluke2 0.1 (2022-06-09)|
|This is very early development !|
If this is the right way forward it has the great advantage that it is platform independant
and works on Win/Mac/Linux or even on mobiles/tablets without any installs/dependancies.
The big downside is that this is my very first html/js/css development,
so I am really looking for feedback, tips and even code-improvements from others!
- Connecting does not always work. Retry until connected.
- Not much error handling implemented yet
|Download mdFluke.7z 220.127.116.11 (2019-12-14)|
|(mdFluke is currently only tested with a Fluke 45 connected to Windows 7 and Windows 10 x64)|
|mdFluke itself doesn't require any installation but it does have 2 prerequisites:|
- The unit_a3 font
Install unit.ttf by double clicking and press install
- You might need to install Microsoft .Net 4.6.1
If asked, download & install here
|Select RS-232 print-only mode on the Fluke (See page 5-3 in the Fluke manual):|
- Press '2ND', then press 'MN MX'(ADDR)
- Press 'Up' or 'Down' to select a print rate, then press 'AUTO'
mdFluke.exe [-com#] [-nolog] [-dark]
-com# Force specific com-port
-nolog Do not create logfiles
-dark Use dark colorscheme (white on black)
Just start mdFluke.exe
It checks any com-port for a Fluke (only tested my Fluke 45) and connects automatically
To force the use of one specific com-port use a command-line parameter like mdFluke.exe -com9
Two logfiles are automatically created in the current directory (you can set in a shortcut)
You can disable logging bij adding -nolog as a parameter
I really like to receive feedback on usability, issues or improvements|
Are you happy with it? Does it work for you or not?
Please let me know if it also works with other meters or systems